Moebius Noodles marinara: Tuesday morning update
Moebius Noodles will be a free, Creative Commons book and community about advanced math games, for parents and educators of children birth to five.
We’ve been running a crowd-funding campaign to support it during the last week. Here are the updates:
- We are at 60% 86%, with time till 11pm (Eastern US) today, September 20th, to get the rest.
- About 100 people contributed money, with very heart-warming messages, and several times that are spreading the word about advanced young math to the audience now counting in hundreds of thousands: http://tippingbucket.org/projects/moebius-noodles/progress?page=1
- Dozens of people pledged various support: games for future books, Creative Commons music for media, translations, non-profit umbrella and so on
How can you play with us?
- Contribute to the crowd-funding campaign! Your $1=MILLIONS (of kids playing advanced math games worldwide). http://tippingbucket.org/projects/moebius-noodles
- Play our first social game! Photograph your baby, toddler, kid group or yourself with a Moebius Noodle (paper Möbius strip). Put it anywhere online and drop me a note or use #moebiusnoodles tag. We will make a slide show, with a link to your site, blog or Twitter. You can learn about easy activities with paper Möbius strip at Cut The Knot (Alexander Bogomolny), one of the sites supporting the campaign: http://www.cut-the-knot.org/do_you_know/moebius.shtml Here are entries from yesterday, including Moebius Noodles Marinara:
- Spread the word! Tell your friends and colleagues about the campaign, today.
- Volunteer with Moebius Noodles! You can send us young math games, translate the materials, or answer parent questions. The next stage of the project is starting now!
- $1=MILLIONS poster with happy kids playing the games: http://www.naturalmath.com/blog/moebius-noodles-poste/
- Friday campaign update, with FAQs, and a few of the hundreds blogs, sites and people spreading the word: http://www.naturalmath.com/blog/moebius-noodles-the-waves/
- Examples of games: http://beebopparade.blogspot.com/2011/09/what-is-moebius-noodles.html
- Secret rewards for contributors (paper books, custom games and more), blog badges, detailed descriptions: http://www.naturalmath.com/blog/moebius-noodles-fundraiser/
- Fan video from http://mathfour.com (Bon Crowder), one of the sites supporting the campaign: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFRmwGCpldg